WHAT IS ACIDITY?
Acidity occurs by excess secretion of acid in the gastric glands of the stomach. It secretes Hydrochloric acid required for the processing of food. A person feels acidity when acid reflux happens more than two times a week. Acidity causes dyspepsia, gastric inflammation, indigestion, and peptic ulcers. Sometimes, constipation and acid reflux is found in individuals. It tends to be treated with antacids and changing lifestyle and eating habits. Here we will learn about some home remedies for acidity.
Acidity is a common health disorder we’ve all suffered from it at some point. It causes due to different factors, for example, an unhealthy way of life, diet, dietary patterns or even certain medications. There are various early signs and symptoms which show that you may experience an acidity issue.
Here are the most recognized symptoms of acidity.
- Burning sensation in heart and throat
- pain, trouble in the stomach
- Gas and swelling
- Dry mouth, sour and bitter taste in the mouth
- Sickness and vomiting
- Dry, persevering cough
- Terrible breath
- Surprising weight reduction
Everybody encounters acidity and it occurs due to specific foods and beverages. There are different elements that can result in nausea. It triggers bad acidity indications like chest pain. There are a lot of factors that causes acidity. Here is the list of some major causes of acidity:
- Eating a heavy meal
- Being overweight
- Eating snacks close to the bedtime
- Eating spicy and fatty food
- Drinking excess amount of alcohol, coffee, tea
- Excess smoking
- Being pregnant
- Taking certain medicine
- Lazy lifestyle can cause acidity
- Skipping meals
- Lack of physical activity
- Laying down immediately after a meal
- Consuming citrus fruit on an empty stomach
WHAT TO EAT?
Choosing the best food to avoid acidity is really a difficult work. Here is the list of foods and beverages we have to eat to avoid acidity.
- We should add whole grains, fruits, vegetables, beans and nuts in our normal meals.
- Thin buttermilk, lime water, coconut water, and green tea helps in digestion process.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water to avoid acidity.
- Eat vegetables like cabbage, carrot, spring onions, beans, spinach to manage acidity.
- Ginger and powdered ginger aids in digestion.
- Always use oils such as olive oil, coconut oil.
- Use beverages such as herbal tea, apple juice, grape juice.
- Drink jeera water, mint water, basil water, dhania water.
- Drink a glass of lukewarm water every day to get relief from acidity.
WHAT NOT TO EAT?
There are so many foods and beverages that cause quick acidity. So we have to avoid this type of food. Here is a list of foods and beverages that we have to avoid
- Junk food or deep-fried foods or oily food remain in the stomach for a long time and produce acid.
- Caffeine, chocolate, tea, coffee, and soft drinks are highly acidic and provoke the production of gastric acid.
- Try to stay away from vinegar, pickles, spicy foods, chutneys etc.
- Citrus fruits like lemon, orange, grapefruit, sweet lime increase the acidic medium of the stomach.
- Alcohol like wine, beer irritate the stomach lining and disturb the digestive process.
- Soda, carbonated drinks create pressure on the stomach and result in acidity.
- Excess smoking will increase acidity. So quit it.
- Stop overeating and if you are obsessed then start losing weight.
If any of the above symptoms are upsetting you, then change your lifestyle at first. Stress assumes a major role in irritating the symptoms. So appropriate rest and a healthy eating routine can bring down feelings of anxiety. Try to avoid such foods and beverages that cause acidity. You will be able to know what causes acidity and what helps reduce symptoms. Also, go for a walk or jog in the morning and evening and do a little exercise regularly. There is much medicine available to reduce acidity. But we will learn some home remedies for acidity.
HOME REMEDIES FOR ACIDITY
Are you use an antacid or other medicines for acidity? Stop it. There are many home remedies for acidity which are used for the treatment that really works.
Here is the list of home remedies for acidity:
Drinking 1-2 glasses of normal water at morning time is the best solution for treat acidity. It helps in balancing acid level and make better digestion. It’s necessary to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day to avoid acidity.
Holy Basil or Tulsi
Holy Basil is also known as Tulsi. Basil leaves help to provoke your stomach to deliver more Mucous. It has antiulcer properties and reduces the impact of gastric acids. Chewing 2-3 leaves daily and 5-6 leaves when you suffer from acidity reduce the problem.
The aloe vera plant can be considered as a powerful home solution for treat acidity. The plant’s anti-inflammatory properties reduce the irritation in the stomach. Aloe vera juice and gel can use up to fix acid reflux. Taking aloe vera items before meals are perfect as it promotes better digestion of food.
Bananas are rich in potassium and help keep the level of acid generation in your stomach under wraps. Certain components in the fruit increase the production of Mucous in your stomach. Which helps it from the harmful impacts of acid production. Bananas are high in fiber and help in digestion, preventing the frequency of acidity. Eat a ripe banana for quick relief. You can also eat an overripe banana for bad acidity.
Fennel Seeds or Saunf
Fennel seeds are rich in minerals, vitamins, and fibers and help in digestion. Chewing a spoonful of fennel seeds can reduce the symptoms of acidity. It has anti-ulcer properties and aids in digestion and relieves constipation. Fennel seeds cool the lining of the stomach and reducing burning sensation. Boil a few seeds in water overnight, drink this water for better results.
Mint Leaves or Pudina
Mint leaves lower the acid substance of the stomach and enhances digestion. It has a cooling impact which reduces the pain related with indigestion. Pudina Hara is made up of mint extract helps in soothing the acid reflux. For instant relief, boil few mint leaves and drink it after cooling. Mint juice is also helpful for stomach pain.
Ginger improves digestion and aid in better absorption. It saves your stomach against ulcers by advancing mucus secretion. Helps to reduce the impact of the acid on your stomach. For better results chew a small piece of ginger. If you feel more acidity try boiling it with some water and drink it. Ginger keeps the pH level of the body in balance. For quick relief add lemon juice to ginger juice and drink it.
Cumin Seeds or Jeera
Jeera stimulates the production of saliva which helps in better digestion. It improves metabolism and cures gastric. Jeera is very effective for an irritated stomach. It works as an antacid and reduces stomach pain. Cumin seeds can be used in various ways. Add some seeds in water, boil and drink it. Also, you can use roasted seeds with a glass of water.
Cinnamon works as a natural antacid. It reduces stomach acidity and improves digestion and absorption. It is very helpful in reducing the symptoms of acidity. Cinnamon tea helps in healing infections in the gastrointestinal tract. It is loaded with a lot of health benefit properties. Cinnamon decreases heartburn by reducing stomach acid. It decreases the risk of ulcers in the stomach. Cinnamon is the best remedy for acidity.
For many years, cloves are used as Chinese medicine and Ayurveda to treat acidity. Eating cloves secrete excess saliva which aids digestion. It also beats the symptoms of acidity. It has carminative properties and preventing the formation of gas. You can eat crushed cloves to treat acidity. If you’re suffering from acidity bite a clove for better results. Cloves can also help soothe a sore throat.
Jaggery contains a lot of nutrients. High magnesium in jaggery helps boost intestinal strength. It keeps your digestive system more alkaline by reducing stomach acidity. Our elders eat jaggery after every meal to get rid of acidity. So make a habit to eat jaggery after every meal. Jaggery helps to maintain normal body temperature and cooling the stomach.
Try these home remedies for quick relief from acidity. If you have the following questions keep visiting my site.
- Is banana good for acidity?
- Is curd good for acidity?
- Acidity in pregnancy what to do?
- The best exercise for acidity.
- Which fruit juice is good for acidity?
- What foods help acid reflux go away?
- What are the best medicines for acidity?
- Ayurvedic and herbal treatment of acidity?
- What are the permanent solutions to treating acidity?
- Treatment of acidity for children and old age people?